Porting to Python 3: An in-depth guide¶
Porting to Python 3 doesn’t have to be daunting. This book guides you through the process of porting your Python 2 code to Python 3, from choosing a porting strategy to solving your distribution issues. Using plenty of code examples is takes you cross the hurdles and shows you the new Python features.
Welcome to the second edition!¶
The changes in Python 3.3, and the decreased importance of Python 2.5 meant that it was time for a second edition, and now it is here!
- PDF version! Get it for when you are offline!
- 14 more pages!
- Several new tricky bits explained!
- Fewer spelling errors!
- About this book
- Welcome to Python 3
- Migration strategies
- Preparing for Python 3
- Porting with 2to3
- Common migration problems
- Improving your code with modern idioms
- Supporting Python 2 and 3 without 2to3 conversion
- Migrating C extensions
- Extending 2to3 with your own fixers
- Language differences and workarounds
- Reorganizations and renamings
There is also a list of Errata, still fairly short.